Preparing for the Unknown
Well, it's time for me to start packing...
I finally figured out my schedule following up to departure. I gave my 2 week's notice at work and May 17th is my last day!
The same day I am going to take a bus to New Hampshire (where my mom lives) and start a very intensive shopping spree. I decided to go there because first, things are much cheaper, and second, there is no tax. I will stay there until May 22, when me and my mom are going to drive back to New York, spend the night and then fly out to Israel on May 23rd. I arrive in Israel on May 24th and depart June 7th. If I could I would had cancelled the trip, but its my cousin's wedding, so I have to go. Besides, it will give me a chance to see some family I haven't seen in a while (like my dad!) and know I wont see for at least another 27 months...Unless they decide to come to Tanzania, which I doubt.
I arrive in New York on June 8th, and its time for last preparations and shopping, my goodbye party, which I would like to have on June 11th and then bye bye USA for a while.
I have so many things to do in so little time! I don't know where to start and what to bring...
The only things in know is that I'm going to concentrate my packing on sentimental thing and items that will bring me comfort...Cloths and everything as such I'm sure I can buy in there.
I've been having a problem contacting other RPCV or PCV that served/serve in Tanzania.
When I looked in the Yahoo PC Group I saw all sort of African countries, but no one who is going to Tanzania :(
Well, I guess I will just have to figure it out by myself and make sure others can learn from my experience...
Ok, I'm going to go buy some large trash bags and start packing my closet...This is wired...I'm going to Tanzania!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home